Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shared Experience

I've been browsing the Net for more information for the book. I came across a couple of websites with articles on Diogenes Syndrome -- but also a wealth of posts by people in situations very similar to mine: they're living with, related to or acquainted with someone who exhibits Diogenes symptoms. In nearly all the posts, the frustration comes through very clearly. One writer asked, "is there any help out there?" I couldn't resist posting back, "not much." Some posters advised helping the sufferer clean up the house. The only problem is, it's a temporary fix.

I also found a painting called The Diogenes Syndrome by George Adamson, a British painter who captured very clearly the look of Diogenes Syndrome. Makes me feel inclined to post up my pix of Carole's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment